Why your privacy matters to us?
We collect a variety of information from visitors to our website, some of which can be confidential. This document explains the types of information we collect and what we do with that information (among other things).
What kind of information do we collect?
The information we collect from you when you visit our website depends on the tasks you complete online.
You may be:
- browsing Everlight’s website;
- applying for a product or service online;
- making an inquiry or sending us an email.
This type of information generally relates to your behaviour on the site, and includes things like the type of browser you are using, your geographic location, and how you came to the site. It also includes information that will help us trouble-shoot problems, analyse our resources and improve our services. There is nothing in that kind of information that could enable anyone to identify who you are.
Everlight only collects personal information that is necessary to assist us in providing our services. We generally collect personal information such as name, phone numbers, address, email address, employer details and country of residence.
If we receive personal information that we have not requested (unsolicited personal information) we will, unless otherwise required or permitted by law, delete or destroy it as soon as possible after receiving it.
In certain circumstances we may be required or permitted by law, court or tribunal order to collect certain personal information about you.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information but if you do not provide us with the personal information that we need, we may not be able to provide our services or assistance to you or on your behalf.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you visit and interact with our website and any related software (including any mobile applications);
- when you apply for a job or express interest in employment or providing services to Everlight;
- when you make a payment of any tax invoices we issue; and
- when you contact and interact with us independently of the website, such as by email, phone or in person.
Personal information can also include sensitive information. “Sensitive information” is information or an opinion about matters such as your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health information.
Sensitive information about you is only collected with your consent and if it is necessary for or directly related to our functions or activities, except if we are otherwise required or permitted by law to collect, use or disclose it.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect your personal information so that we can provide you with the products and services you are seeking from us.
We may use your personal information to:
- establish, maintain and administer your account and customise the service we provide to you;
- send you service or promotional communications, including newsletters, surveys and information about security updates, or information that is related to you as a customer of Everlight;
- create or distribute advertising material that is relevant to you;
- conducting verifications of profiles and products, checking your credentials, monitoring and reporting as permitted or under any applicable laws;
- quality assurance and training purposes; and
- any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information.
Personal information that we collect is not traded, sold, leased or rented.
You consent to us using and disclosing your personal information in any manner that could reasonably be contemplated by this privacy statement, our terms and conditions or users of this site generally.
When might we disclose your personal information?
Any personal information provided to us may be disclosed, if appropriate, to other entities in order to facilitate the purpose for which the information was collected. Such entities generally include:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide a service such as (but not limited to) payroll, superannuation administration, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers; marketing or advertising providers;
- any applicable or relevant regulator or third party for the purpose of legislative or contractual compliance and/or reporting;
- any related entities of Everlight; or
- other entities if you have given your express consent.
Does Everlight use personal information for direct marketing?
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular Everlight services which we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these services and how they may benefit you. We will generally only do this with your prior consent (where practical) and we will always give you a choice to opt out of receiving such information in future.
Direct Marketing from Everlight generally takes the form of emails or telephone calls.
Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by Everlight will include a means by which you may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information. You may also instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. Requests should be directed to us via the channels provided under 'Contact us' below.
Links to third party websites
Viruses, hacking and other offences
The user agrees that material downloaded or otherwise accessed through the use of the Website is obtained entirely at the user's own risk and that the user will be entirely responsible for any resulting damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data, even if such loss and damage was reasonably foreseeable and the Law Society had been advised of the possibility of the same.
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
Everlight Radiology will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on them, or on any website linked to them.
Personal information about employees or job applicants
Everlight may also collect personal information from you if you apply for a job with and/or become employed by us. In these circumstances:
- You authorise us to collect any personal information (whether written or verbal) from any referee or previous employer specified in your application for employment or curriculum vitae for evaluation of your application for employment and to hold such information on your personal file for future evaluation of your employment by us.
- You acknowledge that your personal information is collected for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment by us and, should you accept employment with us, the assessment of your continued employment by us and the administration by us of your remuneration and any PAYE obligations.
- You acknowledge that a failure by you to provide the requested personal information will have a detrimental effect on our ability to give your application proper consideration. You can request to access and/or correct your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Accessing your personal information held by Everlight
You may access personal information we otherwise hold about you, subject to a small number of legal restrictions or exemptions. Where such restrictions or exemptions exist we will advise you of those reasons at the time of your request.
While we do not charge you for a request for accessing your personal information you should be aware that we may charge a reasonable fee (which will be notified to you once you make a request) for time and cost in the following circumstances:
- if an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare material for you; and
- if you wish to have your files photocopied for you.
How can you correct and update your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we also rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information by maintaining and updating your profile.
Please contact us using the contact details below as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date so that we can update your file accordingly.
Storage and security
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. When the information is no longer needed for any purpose for which it was collected, used or disclosed, it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified.
We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including by implementing security procedures for access to our business premises and within our offices, as well as IT security procedures including password protection, firewalls and site monitoring.
Although we aim to create a safe, secure environment by trying to limit access to the site to legitimate users, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised parties will not gain access. We will not have any liability arising from any unauthorised access to your personal information.
Please contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account by anyone else or any other breach of security.
Changes to this statement
We may change this statement from time to time. Updated versions of this statement will be available on our website.
If you have any queries regarding privacy, whether that be in relation to this statement or arising out of your use of the site, you can contact us in any of the following ways:
- email us at email@example.com
- write to us at:
The Privacy Officer
L20, 6 O’Connell Street
Sydney NSW 2000
You will need to provide us with sufficient details regarding your complaint together with any supporting evidence.
The Privacy Officer will investigate the issue and determine the steps (if any) that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation.
If you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au (www.oaic.gov.au).
Need more information on privacy?
For more general information regarding privacy in Australia, visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.